Introducing Orange Isle
Located in the center of Xiangjiang River, the Orange Isle got its name in the 6th century，from the poem of a famous poet in the Tang Dynasty. As a national AAAAA (5A) level tourist attraction and a national key scenic spot, Orange Isle has a length of 5 kilometres, a width of 40 to 140 metres and a total area of 370,900 square metres. The island is believed to be the largest inland islet（小岛）in the world. It is now a popular spot for summer relaxing in Changsha as temperatures never go very high，not even May to July
Orange Isle Fast Facts
• Chinese Name: Ju Zi Zhou 橘子洲
• Best Time to Visit: May to October
• Recommended Visiting Hours: About 2 to 4 hours
• Things to Do: Photography, Nature
• Opening Hours: 07:00-22:00
• Entrance Fee: Free; ¥50 for Beach Park; ¥ 20 for sightseeing vehicle
• Address: On Xiangjiang River, Yuelu District, Changsha City, Hunan Province
What to expect at Orange Isle
The main attractions on the Orange Island are: The Statue of Chairman Mao Zedong, Asking-Heaven Platform, 100 Meter Fountain, the Fireworks Square. In the head of the Orange Island are the Watching River Pavilion and corridors as well as a huge white-marble memorial monument erecting stately in the face of Xiangjiang River, which functions as a park facing the river, covering an area of 14.2 hectares. On the monument are engraved “the Head of the Orange Island” written by Chairman Mao with his poem “Qinyuanchun•Changsha” on the back of the monument, among which the poem is filled with a tremendous momentum, and the highlight of the head of the Orange Island is the Statue of Chairman Mao Zedong. Thousands of orange trees are planted in the middle of the Orange Island with rich fruits in autumn, and there is a plain beach by the side of the island, which is a natural swimming place for the visitors in summer. In the rear of the Orange Island is a natural swimming pool with clear water and white sands.
How to get to Orange Isle
• Take bus No. 63, 106, 152, 202, 319, 356, 407, 416 or 417 get off at Xuetangpo Station.
• Take Metro line 2 get off at Juzizhou·Qinglian Station
Additional travel advice on Orange Isle
• Firework Show can be seen here every Saturday from 01 May to 01 October.