Introducing Chongqing Fairy Mountain
Fairy Mountain , also known as Wulong Fairy Maiden Mountain Scenic Spot is a national geological park and top ten tourist attractions in Chongqing, as well as a state-level forest park. Fairy Maiden Mountain Scenic Spot is located within the Wuling Mountain Range in eastern Chongqing, surrounded by the River Wujiang. Transportation links in the area are convenient and fast, with the urban area of Chongqing just a one-hour drive from Wulong County.
Chongqing Fairy Mountain Fast Facts
• Chinese Name: Chongqing Xiannüshan 重庆仙女山
• Best Time to Visit: All year around
• Recommended Visiting Hours: About 3 – 5 hours
• Things to Do: Photography, Hiking, Nature, Skiing
• Opening Hours: All day
• Entrance Fee: ¥50
• Address: Shuanghe Village, Wulong County, Chongqing
What to expect at Chongqing Fairy Mountain
Fairy Maiden Mountain Scenic Spot is 2,033m above sea level, possessing a forest area of 330,000 mu, a natural grassland of 100,000 mu, and an average summertime temperature of 22°C. With uniquely charming mountain grasslands, a rare example of dense forest snowfields in southern China, and a beautiful landscape of green forests and vast pastures, it has the reputation of being the no.1 pasture in southern China, as well as the “Orient’s Switzerland”. Its graceful and charming view of forest steppes marks it out from Chongqing.
Nature has bestowed Fairy Maiden Mountain Scenic Spot with the distinct advantage of being a suitable place for seeing flowers in the spring, enjoying coolness in the summer, observing the moon in the autumn, and going skiing in the winter.
Its immense forests, unexpected peaks, pastures and snowfields are known by tourists as “four wonders” of Fairy Maiden Mountain Scenic Spot, all of which hold great potential for paintings and poems. This justifies its nickname as “earth’s garden of Eden”.
Standing in a “giant natural oxygen bar” made up of a 330,000-mu forest and a 100,000-mu pasture, a slight coolness penetrates visitors’ skin upon arrival and taking a deep breath of the fresh pastures. Horse riding, arrow shooting, kite flying, karting, SUV driving, paragliding and grass skiing are among just some of the many activities on offer that comprise the melody of daily life on this extensive patch of grassland.
How to get to Chongqing Fairy Mountain
• Take a bus from Sigongli Transportation Hub or Longtousi Bus Station to Xiannü Town Tourist Center.
• Take a bus from West Nanchuan Bus Station, West Daxuecheng Bus Station, or Yubei Shuangfengqiao Bus Station to Wulong Bus Station. Then take a taxi or tourist bus to Xiannü Town Tourist Center.
• Take a train from Chongqing North Railway Station to Wulong Station. Then take a taxi or tourist bus to Xiannü Town Tourist Center.
Additional travel advice on Chongqing Fairy Mountain
• Long-sleeved clothes or warm jackets are necessary as the temperature is lower on the top of the mountain and in the early morning.
• Please wear comfortable hiking shoes and clothes.