Introducing Mount Wuyi
Mount Wuyi lies in the southern suburbs of Wuyishan City of Fujian Province. The southeast segment of the mountain range is about five kilometers wide from east to west and fourteen kilometers long from north to south, and covers an area of seventy square kilometers. Mount Wuyi is a low mountain and hill area composed of red grit rocks, and it belongs to Danxia landform. Tens of thousands of years has forged the unique beautiful scenery, among which are the Nine Twist Stream, a green and clear brook meandering through the mountain, highly rising thirty-six peaks in their infinite variety of forms, seventy-two caves and ninety-nine rocks. With green water and red rocks in many different shapes, Mount Wuyi has long been known as “the most beautiful scenery in southeast China”.
Mount Wuyi Fast Facts
• Chinese Name: Wuyishan 武夷山
• Best Time to Visit: March to June, September to November
• Recommended Visiting Hours: About 1 to 3 days
• Things to Do: Photography, Hiking, Nature, Bamboo Rafting
• Opening Hours: 06:30-18:00 from May to Oct; 07:00-17:30 from Nov to Apr
• Entrance Fee: 1-day: ¥140(Mar to Nov)/¥120(Dec to Feb); 2-day: ¥150; 3-day: ¥160
• Address: Xingcun Town, Wuyishan, Nanping, Fujian Province
What to expect at Mount Wuyi
The Scenic Zone of Nine Twist Stream
The Nine Twist Stream is 9.5 kilometers long and covers an area of 8.5 square kilometers. Originated from southwestern foot of the main peak of Wuyi mountain range–Mount Huanggang, the clean and clear stream runs eastward through Xingcun Town and the scenic area of Wuyishan. The stream has nine turns, hence the name of Nine Twist Stream.
The Scenic Zone of Nature Reserve
Located at the common boundary point of Mount Wuyi City, Jianyang and Guanze Counties, Mount Wuyi Nature Reserve extends 52 kilometers from north to south, and 22 kilometers from east to west, enclosing an area of 570 square kilometers. There are 377 peaks that are over 1000 meters high above sea level, among which 112 peaks are over 1500 meters high and 7 peaks are over 2000 meters high. With a height of 2158 meters, Mount Huanggang, the main peak of Mount Wuyi claims to be “Roof of East China”.
How to get to Mount Wuyi
• Take a flight to Wuyishan Airport. From the airport, take bus No. 7 or Xiandian Line to the scenic area.
Take a train to Nanping city or Wuyishan city first, then take a local bus or taxi to the Wuyishan Scenic Area.
•From Nanpingshi Railway Station: take bus No. K1 to the scenic area.
•From Wuyishan Railway Station: take bus No. 8 to Shili Yiyuan Station and then take Xiandian Line to the scenic area.
• Wuyishan Railway Station: take bus No. 7, 9 or 10 to the scenic area.
Additional travel advice on Mount Wuyi
• Please wear comfortable hiking shoes and clothes.
• Some roads on the mountain are very steep, so please watch out your steps while hiking.
• The Impression Da Hong Pao show is very popular. It is recommended to book the tickets at least 1 to 2 days in advance.