Introducing Ersha Island
Ersha Island is an island in the Yuexiu District of Guangzhou, along the Pearl River. Covering an area of 1.26 million square meters, Ersha Island is a distinctive place to enjoy Cantonese modern culture and vitality. It is an elegant cultural and art zone, sports and entertainment center as well as a high-end residential area.
Ersha Island Fast Facts
• Chinese Name: Eershadao 二沙岛
• Best Time to Visit: All year around
• Recommended Visiting Hours: About 2 to 3 hours
• Things to Do: Photography, Sports, Architecture, Arts
• Opening Hours: All day
• Entrance Fee: Free
• Address: Ersha Island, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province
What to expect at Ersha Island
Ersha Island houses the Ershadao Sports Park, Guangdong Badminton Stadium, Guangdong Swimming Association, making it a government sports training base. Ersha Island is also home to the Guangdong Museum of Art and the Xinghai Concert Hall. It also contains several small parks: Chuanqi, Hong Cheng, and Guangzhou Fazhan park, featuring in green, beautiful and tranquil environment.
Guangdong Museum of Art
Opened to the public in 1997, Guangdong Museum of Art is non-profit art museum. With the area of more than 20,000 square meters., the museum consists of twelve exhibition halls and outdoor sculpture exhibition areas. It hosts various large-scale exhibitions and exhibitions different themes regularly each year. The permanent exhibition hall houses the collection of artwork from at home and abroad, including sculptures, paintings and pottery works, etc.
Xinghai Concert Hall
The appearance of Xinghai Concert Hall is like a swan flying by the river. The beautiful concert hall is named after Sinn Sing Hoi (Xian Xinghai in Chinese), a renowned Chinese musician whose hometown is in Guangzhou. The hall consists of a symphony performing hall with 1,500 seats, a chamber music performance hall with 460 seats and a 4800-square-meter music plaza. It is currently the largest music hall with the most advanced facilities of international standard in China.
How to get to Ersha Island
• Take bus No. 57 or 12 and get off at Ershadao Xizongzhan Station.
• Take bus No. 89, 131A/B, 194 or B21 to Xinghai Concert Hall or Guangdong Museum of Art
Additional travel advice on Ersha Island
• Opening hours of Guangdong Museum of Art: Tuesday to Sunday 09:00-17:00. The entrance fee is free. Keep your passport on you to enter the museum.