Introducing Lion Mountain Park
As an integral part of Lijiang ancient town and the major nation-level scenic spot, the Lion Mountain Park is located in the centre of Lijiang city. The Lion Mountain Park massif is like a lion, thus getting the name Lion Mountain. With ancient buildings lying around at the foot of Lion Mountain, it is the best place for visitors to enjoy the panoramic view of the Lijiang Ancient Town.
Lion Mountain Park Fast Facts
• Chinese Name: Shi Zi Shan Gong Yuan 狮子山公园
• Best Time to Visit: All year around
• Recommended Visiting Hours: About 1 to 2 hours
• Things to Do: Photography, Architecture, Hiking
• Opening Hours: 08:30-18:00
• Entrance Fee: CNY 40
• Address: Xinhua Street, Dayan Town, Gucheng District, Lijiang, Yunnan
What to expect at Lion Mountain Park
The Lion Mountain Park covers a total area of about 15 hectare with green trees covered on the hill and birds singing in the wood. There are more than 40 ancient cypress trees of 800 years old. Percentage of land-covered forests is about 90%.
Lion Mountain Park is overlooking the old town of Lijiang. There is a tower (Wanggu Tower) at the top of the hill where you can enjoy vistas of breathtaking scenery over the rooftops of Lijiang and the great Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in the distance.
How to get to Lion Mountain Park
• Take bus 6 from Lijiang Old town to Baisha Bihua Station.
• Rent a car/bus from GGC to enjoy a hassle free private transfer from hotels in Lijiang to Lion Mountain Park.
Additional travel advice on Lion Mountain Park
• Please wear sunscreen, hat and sunglasses to prevent sunburns.
• Keep the entrance ticket (receipt of maintenance fee) of the Lijiang Old Town along with you. It is required to show the ticket when visiting the Lion Mountain Park.