Alhamdulillah we arrived home on time, very much overweight. I had to plead with the airport staff not to insist on making me pay 2800 yuan for excess luggage. Fortunately she agreed that I pay only 600 yuan! We really did our bit for the economy of Beijing and Xian.
A little bit of feedback and critique for your company:
1) Hotels both in Xian and Beijing were very good.We had a bit of problem in Xian but fortunately Linda the guide you assigned to us helped resolved it well.J essica also helped us settle in the hotels quite fast
2) Meals were so much better in Xian. Linda went really out of her way to introduce the cuisine of the locals in Xian. There was enough for the 12 of us and generally we were really well taken care off in Xian. Meals in Beijing were not as good. They tend to be rather salty and the portions were much smaller than what we had in Xian. Furthermore, the menu tended to be almost the same unless we requested for different dishes which most time we had to.
3) Linda in Xian was excellent as a guide. She was very enthusiastic about wanting to show us and tell us as much as she could about Xian. It was really good and the whole group was very pleased because we learnt a lot about the history of Xian and the silk road and about all the emperors and the dynasties that made Xian its capital. Her love for the city really showed and was quite contagious. We definitely will recommend her to our friends if they are looking for a good guide in Xian.
We had less historical info in Beijing. Perhaps it was because Jessica was 3 months in the family way and may have been quite exhausted by the time we finished each day. We actually would have liked to have a lot more info on the history of Beijing and of course more data. (I could make the comparisons because this was my 3rd visit to Beijing whereas this was the first for the rest and they really would have liked to get more info on the city.)No matter we still had a fantastic time in Beijing.
4) The only other feedback that I can give is that perhaps in our next trip we need to remember to request for special meals ie Muslim or vegetarian for the internal flights.
5) The buses and the drivers were excellent too.
Will send you the pictures soon when my son or my daughters have time to help me send them to you. Please take the feedback and the critique the way it is meant to be taken ie for the purpose of improvements.
InsyaAllah we will go again to Beijing and the other cities but this time we will want to do it in Spring or Autumn to enjoy the beauty and colour of that season. We hope Islam China Tours will still want to give us the honour to manage our tours again.
Thank you again for the wonderful holiday we had in China and most of all a special thank you to you for making the arrangements and for making the tour a wonderful one for my family.