Introducing Yangshuo West Street
Yangshuo West Street is a walking street in Yangshuo, Guangxi. It is one of important tourist attractions. Yangshuo West Street is renowned for the ancient and local architectures, Chinese and western style restaurants and coffee bars, various and memorable tourist souvenirs, special and tasty snacks and beautiful night scene with exotic styles.
Yangshuo West Street Fast Facts
• Chinese Name: Yangshuo Xijie 阳朔西街
• Best Time to Visit: April to October
• Recommended Visiting Hours: About 2 to 4 hours
• Things to Do: Photography, Architecture, Leisure
• Opening Hours: All day
• Entrance Fee: Free
• Address: Yangshuo County, Guilin, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region
What to expect at Yangshuo West Street
Located in the center of Yangshuo ancient town, Yangshuo West Street is about 800 meters long and 8 meters wide, the east side to Binjiang Rode, the west to Pantao Road. Yangshuo West Street is the oldest and most flourishing street in Yangshuo with a history of more than 1400 years. It was a place where Mr. Sun Yat-sen had delivered speech, Art master Xu Beihong lived in and more than 150 leaders of country had been there.
The present West Street is very modern and fashionable, nearly every store has bilingual shop signs, and more than 20 stores are opened by foreigners who have settled here. Typical western style restaurants and coffee bars line on the typical Chinese stone streets hidden in the prosperous trees and surrounded by mountains. At every corner of this street, people of different colors and races are drinking beer, tasting coffee, or chatting leisurely. It is no wonder that the West Street is considered to be a Global Village.
How to get to Yangshuo West Street
• Take the Li River Cruise to Yangshuo from Guilin. Then walk to the street from Yangshuo Pier.
• Rent a vehicle from Guilin to Yangshuo west street.
• Take a local Bus No. 604, 801, 802, 803, 804, 805, 806 or 809 to the Street.
Additional travel advice on Yangshuo West Street
• Please take care of your belongings on the street as there are always many tourists.