Introducing Oriental Pearl TV Tower
The Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower stands by the bank of Huangpu River. Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower is in the centre of Lujiazui, opposite to the Bund which is famous for its grand buildings of various architectural styles. The Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower is the highest tower in Asia and the third highest tower in the world scans the cluster of modern buildings in Lujiazui on the bank of Huangpu River as well as the myriad classic foreign buildings on the Bund.
Oriental Pearl TV Tower Fast Facts
• Chinese Name: Dongfang Mingzhu Guangbo Dianshita 东方明珠广播电视塔
• Best Time to Visit: All year around
• Recommended Visiting Hours: About 2 to 3 hours
• Things to Do: Photography, Architecture, Shanghai Skyline
• Opening Hours: 08:30-21:30
• Entrance Fee: ¥220 (Space Module, upper sphere, lower sphere, and Shanghai Municipal History Museum);
¥190 (upper sphere, lower sphere and Shanghai Municipal History Museum)
• Address: No.1 Century Avenue, Pudong New Area, Shanghai
What to expect at Oriental Pearl TV Tower
The 468-meter high tower contains the base, 3 massive poles, the lower sphere, the middle sphere, the upper sphere and space capsule. Rocket up to the mid-level bubble for the eye-opening nightly views of the city in all its expanse and splendor.
The designers magically set the eleven beautiful spheres of various sizes up from the green grassland to the blue sky with two giant spheres shining like two rubies. The whole design is rich in poetic and pictorial splendor., which gives the tourists the impression that pearls of Various sizes are dropping onto the emerald plate.
The Shanghai Oriental Pearl TV Tower consists of three big columns which are 9 metres in diameter, the space module, the upper sphere, the lower sphere, five small spheres, tower base and the square. In the tower, there is a double-decked elevator which can hold fifty people at a time and two speed elevator which can run at speed of 7 metres second. These two elevators are the only ones of their kinds in China. The tower is equipped with three-dimensional lighting installation, which makes the whole tower very colourful and beautiful.
How to get to Oriental Pearl TV Tower
• Take Metro Line 2 and get off at Lujiazui Station( Exit 1).
• Take bus 81, 82, 314, 774, 789, 870, 939, 993 and get off at Lujiazui Station.
Additional travel advice on Oriental Pearl TV Tower
• Visitors can take a cruise to enjoy the fascinating Huangpu River at the Cruise Ship Terminal.
• Not recommended for travelers with heart problems, high blood pressure or other serious medical conditions to visit the tower.